Saturday, January 12, 2008

How Do You See Your Work?

Today, started this morning in scripture and study. It was a nice time, and then meeting two wonderful brothers in Christ to talk about something we all wanted to learn more about. Then home for the morning conversations.and calls to family... and basketball season for the twins started with a bang as they started Upward games.
They both had a good time and a good game. Lots of fun, we then went out to eat and celebrate and have a meal together. When I sit there and watch them play it is always double joy since the two of them usually play together. It makes my heart closer to the Lord to thank him for two wonderful daughters. Then the other one who is four is sitting snug up next to me and looking up every once and awhile telling me about the game.
My wife and son walked above us on a walking track and then a wonderful friend whom I worked with for several years visited and we caught up. It was a fun game.

It was a busy week but on Monday for some reason I caught Chip Ingram on XM 170 in the office as he was doing a series on How to Stop Wasting Your Life. It was excellent and I have attached the link for you to listen to anytime on OnePlace. I would listen to both days.

To summarize people see work several different ways:
1) Work is evil
2) Work is everything
3) Work is obligation
4) Work is strategic
5) Work is a calling

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/Living_on_the_Edge/archives.asp?bcd=1/7/2008

As a man which category are you in right now? I have been in a couple in my life. Listen to this series and give us an idea in a post idea back. I can say very clearly that I am totally in the fifth one now. But, as I said I haven't always been. Where are you at? Are you happy in your job? and why not? There can be many reasons.

Last year there was alot of banter about internet radio and I haven't heard anything concrete from legislation ( Lots of talk of regulating it) but it was good to get an e-mail this week from Tim Westergren saying that a group like Pandora was doing well. If you like certain artists and types of music this website was made for you. It is one of the neatest ones out there. You can access here:
http://www.pandora.com/
Then type in your artist or group and watch it find it and structure the playlist for you.

Crude was down to 92 on Friday but the pump prices don't reflect that do they?:
http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/commodities/energyprices.html

On the Big Screen: One of the neatest things in the summer is the fact that the Fox Theatre in Atlanta will show old movies over the summer on the big screen. Well, the Bijou in downtown Chattanooga has decided to do this on Monday and Tuesday nights starting this week. $5. 00 a ticket too. They start with Ghost Busters this week and then to Monty Python and the Holy Grail and the Knights who say Nee! They hope to do more in the future.

Here is a link with more info:
http://www.carmike.com/showtimedetails.aspx?theatrenumber=072167

No comments: